Sunday, May 10, 2015

Nothing In Particular

This blog is about nothing in particular- I have just managed to snatch a few moments to sit and write.  It's cloudy outside and, in the garden, my lilies are slowly budding and blossoming - white tendrils of spider lilies, deep yellow mango coloured lilies, little mauve oniony ones and more.  I have a whole garden full of lilies now as they are low maintenance and I discovered that the monkeys don't touch them.

I have just finished baking a deep dark chocolate cake for my tea.  It is tender and deeply chocolatey - baked on low heat for a long time.

For lunch, we are to have a salad with cherry tomatoes, crisp lettuce, feta cheese and a little olive oil- served along with a small pizza with peppers and pineapple.

I have just finished The Three Musketeers and am  slowly savouring an Agatha Christie.

My baby is asleep.  When he wakens, we will crawl all over the floor and then hit the books, which both of us enjoy very much.  We read Pooh's songs, The Cat in the Hat, The Gruffalo and look at lots of interesting cookbooks learning about Mexican, Mediterranean and Chinese cuisines.

Yes, it's a busy but satisfying Sunday.

2 comments:

Pranavu kumar c k said...

Nice... simple .. but good. I went through your blog accidently when i was searching for the book, medical pluralism in contemporary india. Anywy ur articles were refreshing. thax.
i have a blog "throughmyspectaclez.blogspot.in" plz try to visit if u have tym. k....

Sujata Varadarajan (Sujata Malhan) said...

Thank you!

#Header1_headerimg { margin: 0px auto }